Monday, August 18, 2008

Welcome.


I am going on seven weeks in Toulouse, France and it has been a wild ride thus far. Starting a new job, trying to make my way through French culture and finding an apartment has provided me with many opportunities to practice saying "merde!!" But on the other hand, the phrase I've used the most is mais comme c'est beau! or, roughly translated, how amazingly beautiful, picturesque, charming and wonderful!

You can see how complex life here is. OK, this is France so let me use a wine metaphor. Living here is like a really good red wine: enjoyable, full of flavor, good for the heart, and at times little bit tart. I'm loving it. Most of the time.


This blog is for friends, family and anyone interesting in what it's like to be an American in France. I would love feedback, comments and hellos from afar.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Winnie! Let me be the first to comment on your wonderful blog! It's charming, witty and informative. Why do I feel like I'm listening to a professional, beautifully produced NPR segment? Bravo! I'm adding you to my bookmark bar, and will be checking in regularly! I truly hope you and Morgan can rendezvous a few times this year. . .
Love and best wishes,
Marsha

José said...

Let me be the second! Nice to have you back "on our side" and will see you in Paris when you pop up (unless we get down to T-town first).

I've added your blog so I can follow your interesting (and well-written!) posts.

My blog is over at: http://josepietri.blogspot.com/

See ya around (also I am on Skype and facebook).

Ciao & Cheers,
José